This oven baked wings recipe is a healthier and less messy chicken wing dish. These chicken wings are super tasty whether you eat them with or without a salt and pepper seasoned topping, or wing sauce. This seasoned wings recipe is based on salt and pepper style dishes I love ordering at Chinese restaurants.
What You Need For a Crispy Wings Recipe
3 lbs CHICKEN WINGS
10-12 GARLIC cloves finely chopped
big bunch of CILANTRO chopped (stems and leaves)
3-4 GREEN ONIONS (chopped, bottoms separated from tops…use the green tops as a garnish)
1-2 JALAPENOS finely chopped (or substitute red pepper flakes)
2 Tbsp BAKING POWDER
1 tsp TURMERIC POWDER
1 tsp GARLIC POWDER
1 tsp ONION POWDER
1 tsp CHILI POWDER (I used chipotle, smoked jalpeno in the video)
SALT and PEPPER (to taste)
OIL for sauteing seasoning topping
How to Make a Crispy Wings Recipe
I generally remove the skin from chicken, but not when I’m baking this wings recipe; that crisp cooked skin is what makes chicken wings so tasty.
Buy your wings already cut up, or cut them up yourself at home.
They’re not difficult to process at home, just cut easily between the joints, and be sure and save the wing tips to use for a chicken broth.
1) Pat chicken pieces dry with a paper towel and set aside. Do not add oil, there’s plenty of fat in the skin.
2) Combine the baking powder and powdered seasonings in a bowl and mix together well.
3) Toss the wingettes and drumettes with the dry coating.
4) Arrange the chicken pieces on a wire rack over a baking pan and place in an oven preheated to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
5) Cook wings for 50-60 minutes, turning every 20 minutes until crispy and done.
While the wings bake, make the “salt and pepper” seasoning mix.
1) Heat a little oil in a skillet, on medium heat.
2) Add fresh chopped jalapenos, or substitute red pepper flakes, and chopped green onion bottoms.
Saute on Medium low heat for 2-4 minutes.
3) Add finely chopped garlic and continue to saute for a couple of minutes; be sure to keep the temperature low enough to not
burn the garlic.
4) Add chopped cilantro, lots of it, stems and all.
5) Continue sauteing the mixture on medium low heat for 10-15 minutes until the cilantro has cooked down.
Once the wings have baked to crispy completion, toss the wings and the seasoning together and serve.
That’s it! Let me know what you think of this oven baked wings recipe, and bon appétit!
And for another tasty oven baked chicken recipe, check out this Chicken Tenders Recipe
Thanks for taking a peek at the video and recipe. If you like it, please share with your friends! I appreciate it!