Try this super-quick and delicious garlic shrimp recipe. Lots of olive oil and garlic add great flavor, especially when served with fresh sliced bread. Cook the shrimp quickly in a hot skillet, but don’t overcook! Overcooked shrimp can get rubbery, so the total cooking time for this dish is about 4 minutes tops.
What you need for this Shrimp Recipe
2 lbs SHRIMP
½ cup OLIVE OIL
½ cup GARLIC …or as much as you like (finely chopped)
1 tsp RED PEPPER FLAKES
2 tsp PAPRIKA
SALT and PEPPER to taste
3-5 Tbsp LEMON JUICE
½ cup PARSLEY (chopped)
sliced BREAD for sure, dude
How to make Garlic Shrimp
- Peel and devein the shrimp (save the shells and heads to make a stock!)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat.
- When oil is hot, add red pepper flakes. Red pepper flakes add a nice heat, but substitute fresh peppers, or even a little cayenne if you like.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Use as much garlic as you like. I prefer lots of garlic. I literally used an entire bulb. It seems like a lot, but the oil and garlic taste great with thick slices of fresh bread.
- Add the shrimp, and continue sauteing on medium high heat.
- The shrimp only take about 3 minutes to cook. Don’t overcook the shrimp; they will become rubbery if cooked overly long.
- Add paprika, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute shrimp until JUST cooked, when shrimp begin to color and curl, then remove the skillet from the heat.
- Add lemon juice and fresh chopped parsley.
- Mix well and serve in a bowl with thick slices of fresh bread.
Give this garlic shrimp recipe a try and let me know what you think…and bon appétit!
If you want another tasty shrimp idea, one of my favorite is this Spicy Tempura Shrimp Recipe.
Thanks for checking out the video and shrimp recipe! Click some of the buttons below to share this dish with friends and family. I appreciate it, and thanks for watching.