Try this super-quick and delicious garlic shrimp recipe. Lots of olive oil and garlic add great flavor, especially when served with fresh sliced bread. Cook the shrimp quickly in a hot skillet, but don’t overcook! Overcooked shrimp can get rubbery, so the total cooking time for this dish is about 4 minutes tops.
What You Need to Make This Garlic Shrimp Recipe
2 lbs SHRIMP
½ cup OLIVE OIL
½ cup GARLIC …or as much as you like (finely chopped)
1 tsp RED PEPPER FLAKES
2 tsp PAPRIKA
SALT and PEPPER to taste
3-5 Tbsp LEMON JUICE
½ cup PARSLEY (chopped)
sliced BREAD for sure, dude
How to Make Garlic Shrimp
- Peel and devein the shrimp (save the shells and heads to make a stock!)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat.
- When oil is hot, add red pepper flakes. Red pepper flakes add a nice heat, but substitute fresh peppers, or even a little cayenne if you like.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Use as much garlic as you like. I prefer lots of garlic. I literally used an entire bulb. It seems like a lot, but the oil and garlic taste great with thick slices of fresh bread.
- Add the shrimp, and continue sauteing on medium high heat.
- The shrimp only take about 3 minutes to cook. Don’t overcook the shrimp; they will become rubbery if cooked overly long.
- Add paprika, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute shrimp until JUST cooked, when shrimp begin to color and curl, then remove the skillet from the heat.
- Add lemon juice and fresh chopped parsley.
- Mix well and serve in a bowl with thick slices of fresh bread.
Give this garlic shrimp recipe a try and let me know what you think…and bon appétit!
And for another tasty shrimp recipe, check out this classic New Orleans-style SHRIMP REMOULADE.
Thanks for checking out the video and shrimp recipe! Click some of the buttons below to share this dish with friends and family. I appreciate it, and thanks for watching.