It doesn’t take a lot to make the best spaghetti squash recipe. A few simple ingredients are all you will need to cook this healthy, low fat spaghetti squash dish. This squash is a lowfat low carb ingredient with a wonderful texture and a mild flavor that allows it to work very well in a variety of recipes.
Best Spaghetti Squash Made Easy Ingredients
1 SPAGHETTI SQUASH
GARLIC (5-10 cloves, finely chopped)
LEMON zest and juice
BUTTER (1-2 Tbsp)
OLIVE OIL (¼ cup)
PARSLEY (½ cup, chopped)
SALT and PEPPER to taste
The measurements above are just loose suggestions, and really need to be adjusted to your own tastes. The size of the spaghetti squash and how much squash you dig out will determin how much of the other ingredients you need;They are simple and fresh ingredients, so there really is no wrong way to make this dish. The best spaghetti squash doesn’t get more super simple than that!
Best Spaghetti Squash …super simple, low fat, low carb recipe
- When buying a spaghetti squash, choose one that seems heavy for its size.
- Carefully slice the squash into halves. Cut the squash across instead of lengthwise, this will make for longer “noodles”.
- Place cut sides down in shallow water in a roasting pan.
- Bake for about 30-45 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. You can check on the squash after 30 minutes; the cooking time will vary according to the size of the squash.
- It’s important not to overcook the squash, slightly crunchy strands of squash add great texture to a dish, and overcooking the squash will make the ingredient mushy.
- Remove squash from the oven and carefully turn halves over to check for doneness –the water will be hot and steam will be trapped under the squash, so be cautious.
- Allow squash to sit 5-10 minutes to cool slightly for easier handling.
- Insert a fork and twist out strands of “spaghetti”. Once the fork has done its job, use a spoon to scrape out the remaining squash; it’s edible all the way to the rind,
so don’t waste any!
- Heat a skillet and melt cooking oil on medium heat.
- Add finely chopped garlic and cook 1-2 minutes until it begins to color up. If you like a bit of heat with your dish, add some red pepper flakes as well.
- Add a bit of butter for extra flavor (this is optional).
- Add the spaghetti squash to the skillet and mix with the garlic.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, add lemon zest and juice, and stir.
- Turn off the heat and add in a bit of dark, flavorful olive oil.
- You can also stir in a bit of freshly grated Parmesan Cheese if desired, but this is optional.
- Add fresh chopped parsley for bright flavor and color, and mix well.
And that’s it.
And for another tasty dish, check out this Mediterranean Spaghetti Squash Recipe.
Thanks for checking the spaghetti squash recipe out. If you liked it, then click a button or two below and share it with your friends, I appreciate it!