Make a healthy zucchini zoodles recipe without a fancy spiralizer. You can cook a low fat zoodles pasta substitute by simply slicing zucchini into faux noodles with a knife. It takes almost no time, in fact, the time you save cleaning up will likely make it just as fast as using a fancy kitchen gadget. This zucchini zoodles recipe is light and low-fat and provides a nice break
from a heavy pasta dish, so definitely make some handmade zoodles and give this dish a go.
Healthy Zoodles Recipe with Zucchini Noddles
2 medium ZUCCHINI
10-15 CHERRY TOMATOES (halved)
¼ cup GARLIC
¼ cup ONION
some PARMESAN CHEESE
(or romano or asiago cheese)
½ LEMON (juice and zest)
1 tsp ITALIAN SEASONING
SALT and PEPPER to taste
2-3 Tbsp OLIVE OIL
OIL for sauteing
How To Make Zucchini Noodles a.k.a Zoodles Recipe
This zoodles recipe cooks quickly, so have all of the ingredients prepared and on hand before you start cooking.
- Buy zucchini that are firm and blemish free, also buy zucchini that are relatively straight, because they’re easier to slice into zoodles.
- Wash the zucchini and, leaving the skin on, slice the zucchini lengthwise into thin planks.
- Stack planks on one another in bundles of three and slice into thinner shoelace size “strings”; they
don’t have to be too thin or uniform, just get as close to shoestring size as you can, they’ll cook up easily enough and get soft quickly on the stove top.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat and add in the onion and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add in the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes more. If you want a little heat, add in some rep pepper flakes as well.
- Add salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and lemon zest. Mix and cook another minute.
- Add in the sliced zucchini and mix well with all the ingredients.
- Once the zucchini is added, just cook 2-4 minutes or until the zucchini is heated through. Do not cook overly long or the zucchini will lose its texture and the dish will become too wet. If this
happens. just drain off a bit of the water.
- Stir in the olive oil and lemon juice.
- If desired, add in a little grated Parmesan cheese to taste.
- Remove the skillet from the stove top and serve immediately.
That’s all there is to this super easy and delicious zoodles dish.
Give this healthy zucchini zoodles recipe a try and let me know what you think, and bon appétit.
And for another low-fat veggie entree alternative, check out this Spaghetti Squash Recipe.
Thanks for checking out the recipes and videos. If you like the zoodles recipe, click a button or two below and share it with your friends and family, I appreciate it!