Here’s a shrimp toast recipe based on a Vietnamese deep fried shrimp bread dish, but this is a baked shrimp recipe for folks trying to avoid deep fried recipes. This is a tasty shrimp recipe that works as an appetizer snack or a main dish, and it doesn’t take a lot of shrimp, so it can be a pretty economical shrimp choice. I like to use English muffins for this shrimp toast because it’s the perfect size, and they toast up super well in the oven. I use a mix of chopped and whole shrimp for maximum shrimpiness and visual effect, but experiment and find what you like.
Shrimp Toast Recipe Ingredients
12-15 SHRIMP peeled and deveined
3 ENGLISH MUFFINS
2 EGG WHITES
1 clove minced GARLIC
1 tsp dried ITALIAN SEASONING
1 tsp PAPRIKA
SALT and PEPPER to taste
some OLIVE OIL
How to Make Shrimp Toast
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- In a bowl, lightly toss shrimp with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, and paprika and set bowl aside.
- Lightly coat English muffin halves with olive oil and slightly toast face down in a skillet.
- Then place muffin halves face-up on a baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 or 2 egg whites with dried Italian seasoning and minced garlic.
- Place a spoonful of this egg white mix on each muffin half.
Place shrimp over the egg white and cover the muffin half. Use whole shrimp, or chop them, or use a combo. I like using some chopped and whole shrimp, that way I can entirely cover the
muffin with shrimp, but also have a whole shrimp on top so it looks extra cool and tasty.
- Top the shrimp with another spoonful of the egg white mix. This will bake and form a seal to hold the muffin and shrimp together.
- Bake in an oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes, or until toasted golden.
A healthier version of Shrimp Bread that really works. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Here’s A look at Banh Mi Tom Chien or Vietnamese Deep Fried Shrimp Bread.
And for another shrimp dish idea, check out this Spicy Shrimp Recipe.
Thanks for checking the the shrimp toast recipe out. If you liked these dishes, click a button or two below and share it with friends and family! I appreciate it!
— Chef Buck