My favorite salmon recipe calls for crisping the fish skin on the stove top then finishing the salmon fillet in the oven under the broiler. This is a simple salmon dish with just a bit of oil and
seasoning and a maple glaze to add a hint of sweetness. Honey can be substituted for the maple syrup, or this step can be skipped entirely. I often season salmon with just salt and pepper
and then cook the salmon fillet in the same manner.
Ingredients for salmon recipe
SALMON FILLET w/ skin
SALT and PEPPER
MAPLE SYRUP (or substitute honey)
OIL for frying
How To Cook Salmon Recipe
- Wash the salmon filet and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Coat the salmon with olive oil, skin side as well.
- Generously season fish.
- Using an oven safe skillet, on med. high heat, heat a little oil on the stove top.
- When oil is hot, add salmon fillet skin side down and cook about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and continue cooking the salmon under the broiler for 2-3 minutes –adjust time depending on the size of the fillet.
- When the salmon is almost finished cooking, apply a glaze of maple syrup, and continue broiling for final minute. If you don’t have a nice syrup
on hand, substitute honey.
- Remove skillet from the stove and transfer fish to a plate.
Give this salmon recipe a try and let me know what you think, and bon appétit!
And for more seafood recipes, check out my Seafood Playlist
Thanks for checking out my cooking videos. If you like this recipe, click some of the share buttons below to share with friends and family. I appreciate it! …and thanks for watching!