Try a tasty breakfast hash made from fresh jicama. Jicama makes an easy hash recipe because jicama is crunchy and can be eaten raw, just cook it long enough with the other ingredients to impart flavor and heat the jicama through. I like lots of onion and peppers in this jicama recipe, but experiment with other ingredients as well. A hash is a great dish for cleaning out the fridge. Jicama root is like the offspring of a potato and an apple; the root is white and crunchy and can be eaten raw, it has a very mild flavor, and is not too sweet, so it makes an ideal ingredient for many recipes. Give this jicama recipe a try and let me know what you think!
Ingredients for this Jicama Recipe
1 JICAMA diced into cubes
chopped BELL PEPPERS
chopped HOT PEPPER
finely chopped GARLIC? why not.
SALT for jicama
but use whatever
seasonings you like
…sometimes I use dried
…give it a try
How to make a Breakfast Hash with Jicama
- Buy jicama with an unblemished, unbroken skin, one that seems
heavy for its size since jicama is mostly water, just like you.
- Wash and cut the skin of the jicama off with a knife.
- Dice jicama into cubes and toss in a bowl with salt and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add in the onion, peppers, and garlic.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes and then add in seasonings to taste, but don’t be shy.
- Continue sauteing another 2-3 minutes.
- Dry salted jicama with a paper towel and add into the skillet.
- Saute jicama with the other ingredients as desired.
- Once the jicama is heated through, the dish is ready!
Give this easy jicama recipe a try and let me know what you think, and bon appétit!
And for another vegetarian breakfast dish idea, try out this canned Jackfruit Hash Recipe.
Thanks for checking out the jicama recipe and video, if you liked this quick breakfast hash idea, click a button or two below and share it with your friends.
I appreciate it, thanks!