I’ll call this cauliflower recipe a Cauliflower Super Salad because it’s super easy and super nutritious. This cauliflower salad requires few ingredients, but packs tons of terrific flavor. The recipe is based on an Italian-style red potato recipe that is one of my favorite dishes; substituting cauliflower for the potato in that recipe is a
perfect switch. Cauliflower Super Salad is a light, low calorie, low carb recipe that works great as a side dish, or you can use it as a topping for your favorite leafy greens.
What You Need To Make This Cauliflower Salad Recipe
2 lbs CAULIFLOWER
1-2 minced GARLIC cloves
½ cup chopped GREEN ONIONS
1 cup chopped PARSLEY
2 tsp WORCESTERSHIRE
½ cup OLIVE OIL
¼ cup VINEGAR
1 tsp DRY MUSTARD
1 tsp PAPRIKA
SALT and PEPPER (to taste)
How to Make a Cauliflower Super Salad
- Break the cauliflower into florets and chop the stems into smaller pieces.
- Steam the cauliflower for 5-8 minutes, but don’t over-steam or it will become mushy in the salad.
- Once cauliflower is steamed, set it aside to cool a bit.
- While the cauliflower cools, make the dressing.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, seasonings, and garlic. Mix well.
- In a a larger bowl, add steamed cauliflower, parsley, green onion, and the dressing.
- Toss until everything is well coated in the dressing.
Serve as a side dish or as part of a leafy salad.
It tastes great right away while it’s warm, and it will taste great later after it has been refrigerated, and if you have leftovers, it will taste even more fantastic the next day.
Tips for a Better Cauliflower Salad
- Use curly leaf parsley; I think it holds well with the dressing and works better than a leafy Italian parsley.
- If you’re making the salad a day or two in advance, hold off on the green onions and add them later.
- When serving, adding a few sliced cherry tomatoes is a quick way to add a dash of color.
- For a vegan salad, check the label on your Worcestershire sauce, some sauces use anchovies, some don’t.
- To easily add a bit of protein to this dish, top with toasted nuts.
- Make a complete meal of this dish by serving it on a bed of spinach and topping it with toasted nuts.
For another cauliflower salad recipe idea, try a Cauliflower “Potato” Salad
And for even more cauliflower dishes, take a peak at my Cauliflower Recipes Playlist
Give this cauliflower salad recipe a try and let me know what you think. If you liked the recipe, click a few buttons below to share it with your friends. Thanks, I appreciate it!