A homemade biscotti recipe is easy to make, and adding a little cocoa powder and ground coffee makes a rich, tasty twist for this Italian twice-baked cookie treat. If you’re not in the mood for
chocolate biscotti just leave out the cocoa powder and coffee and make a simple almond biscotti; it’s a nice cookie either way you bake it. A biscotti is a twice-baked cookie that makes a perfect pairing with a nice cup of coffee or tea.
What You Need for Chocolate Biscotti Recipe
1 cup sliced ALMONDS
2 cups FLOUR
¼ COCOA POWDER
2 Tbsp GROUND COFFEE
1 cup SUGAR
1 tsp BAKING POWDER
1/8 tsp SALT
3 large EGGS
2 tsp VANILLA EXTRACT
1 tsp ALMOND EXTRACT
3 Tbsp RUM or COFFEE LIQUOR
or other BOOZE
How to Make Chocolate Biscotti Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toast almond slices; watch them closely, it only takes about 2 minutes to toast.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, coffee, baking powder, and salt; mix and set aside.
- In another bowl, Whisk the eggs, rum, and extracts until blended well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, including the toasted almond slices, and mix until combined.
Dough will be sticky at this point.
- Scrape the dough out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Quickly shape into a long flat loaf.
- Bake about 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven and cool 10-15 minutes.
- Lower oven heat to 300 degrees F.
- Slice loaf into 1/2″ wide slices.
- Lay the slices cut side down on the baking sheet and bake another 10-15 minutes.
- Turn the slices over and bake 10 minutes more.
- Cool the biscotti on a rack.
Cool completely before storing, or they’ll lose crunchiness!
Serve this biscotti recipe with coffee or hot tea for a tasty, dunkable cookie treat.
And that’s it, man.
Give this chocolate biscotti recipe a try and let me know what you think, and bon appétit!
And for another fancy pants baked treat, try this deadly SCONE RECIPE.
Thanks for checking the biscotti recipe out. If you liked the recipe, click a button or two below and share it with friends. I appreciate it!