Baked jalapeno poppers are quick and easy and cheesy. And bread crumby. And can be garlicky, too, if you like.
Thanks for watching, give it a go, and let me know what you think.
Ingredients for Baked Jalapeno Poppers
6 large JALAPENO peppers
8oz CREAM CHEESE
1 cup shredded CHEESE
4-5 cloves GARLIC (finely chopped)
about 1/4 cup CILANTRO (chopped)
1 tsp smoked PAPRIKA
1 tsp ONION POWDER
SALT and PEPPER, to taste
(dill, cumin, cayenne, and cajun mix
go well in poppers–experiment
with your favorite seasonings)
How to Make Baked Jalapeno Poppers
- Set cream cheese out from fridge for at least 1/2 hour to allow time to soften.
- Cut stems from peppers, but not enough to open the back of the pepper entirely, this shallow cut will leave enough of the top of the pepper in place to form a “wall” that will hold the cheese as it bakes.
- With a spoon, scoop out the seeds and ribs; your jalapeno should look like a little rowboat (without oars or life jacket).
- In a bowl, thoroughly mix cream cheese, shredded cheese, cilantro, and seasonings together.
- Spoon cheese mixture into pepper boats. Fill each pepper entirely, but do not overfill–just to the top of each pepper–mounded cheese will only make a mess and disrupt the optimal cheese to pepper ratio.
- In a skillet, on medium heat, melt 2-3 Tbsp butter.
- Add garlic and stir 1 minute.
- Turn off heat and add bread crumbs.
- Stir until butter is absorbed and garlic is mixed well with bread crumbs. Or, if you don’t want to fool with garlic cloves–just substitute garlic powder.
- Press peppers cheese side down into the crumb mixture, then turn over and mound extra crumb topping on the peppers.
- Place peppers on a baking sheet and cook 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- When the crumb topping is baked golden, remove and allow peppers to rest 5 minutes.
After that, you can do whatever your heart desires.
Give this baked jalapeno poppers recipe a try and let me know what you think, and bon appetit!
And if you wanna saute some poppers on the stove top with onions, try this Stove Top Poppers Recipe.
Thanks for checking our recipe videos out. If you like what you see, click a button or two below and share the jalapeno popper recipe with your friends and family. I appreciate it!