This baked eggs recipe is a delicious treat for breakfast or brunch, and it’s easy to prepare even though it looks super fancy. I’m throwing spinach, tomato, and Roman cheese in this baked eggs recipe, but it’s a versatile dish, and anything that’ll work in an omelet will work in this preparation. For a spicier version, add a dash or two of hot sauce as the tomatoes cook.
What you need for a Baked Eggs Recipe
(this recipe serves 2)
OIL for sauteing
2 cup fresh SPINACH
2-4 GREEN ONIONS (chopped)
2 small ROMA TOMATOES (chopped)
3-4 GARLIC cloves (finely chopped)
1-2 tsp dried ITALIAN SEASONING
chopped JALAPENO (optional)
freshly grated PARMESAN or ROMANO CHEESE
4 Tbsp HALF N HALF
SALT and PEPPER to taste
½ cup chopped PARSLEY (optional)
sprinkle of PAPRIKA and fresh herb for GARNISH (optional)
How to Make Oven Baked Eggs
- Heat oil on medium high heat in a small saute pan.
- Add garlic and chopped bottoms of the green onion. Saute for 1 minute and then add the tomato.
- Continue to saute for 2 minutes and then add salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Mix and cook for 1 minute.
- Add green onion tops and spinach, and any fresh herbs you desire.
- Saute until spinach is wilted.
- Lightly grease an oven-safe dish. Add a layer of cheese to bottom of the if you like, but this is optional.
- Spoon and spread the spinach and tomato mixture into the bottom of the dish.
- Drizzle Half n Half or cream over top and then sprinkle shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese.
- Carefully crack eggs and top the dish with them.
- Place in an oven preheated to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. If the baking dish/ramekins are small, place on a baking sheet for easy handling
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until the eggs are set and cooked as desired.
- When eggs are finished baking, top with additional cheese if desired. Sprinkle with paprika or garnish with fresh parsley, or basil, or cilantro, or whatever, but a touch of freshly chopped green will make this dish quite lovely.
Serve right away, because eggs are best hot, dude.
Give this baked eggs recipe a try and let me know what you think, and bon appétit!
For another fancy pants breakfast dish, try this tasty Huevos Rancheros Recipe
And for even more easy, delicious breakfast recipe tutorials, take a peak at my Breakfast Recipes Playlist.
Thanks for checking out his baked eggs recipe. If you liked it, then click a button or two below and share it with friends and family. I appreciate it!