If you like homemade apple pie, then you’ll love this easy apple crisp recipe. And if you’re a fan of fresh ginger, adding minced ginger to the apple crisp will make it even better. This is a terrific dessert recipe that makes a whole heap of sweet apple goodness. The recipe makes plenty of servings to feed the family, and this dessert travels well, so it’s a perfect party treat to bring to a family gathering or function. Definitely top with ice cream or a rich creamy topping for best results.
What You Need to Make an Apple Crisp
apple part of recipe:
¼ cup BUTTER melted, browned
½ cup SUGAR
1 large EGG
1 tsp VANILLA
4-5 APPLES chopped
1 tsp CINNAMON
1-2 Tbsp minced GINGER
crisp part of recipe:
1¼ cups all-purpose FLOUR
3 cups QUICK OATS
1½ BROWN SUGAR
1 cup BUTTER
2 tsp CINNAMON
1 cup toasted PECANS
1 tsp minced GINGER
How to Make an Apple Crisp Recipe
- In a sauce pan, melt ¼ cup BUTTER and simmer over med-low heat until butter begins to color, then set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat 1 EGG and ½ cup SUGAR together until smooth.
- Add in VANILLA, cooled BUTTER and chopped APPLES. Mix well and set bowl aside.
- In another bowl, combine FLOUR, 2 cups of the OATS (reserve 1 cup oats for later), CINNAMON, GINGER, BROWN SUGAR, and mix well.
- Add in 1 cup unsoftened BUTTER and cut into the mixture until about pea-sized.
- Add reserved OATS and toasted PECANS and mix.
- Spread half the crisp mixture out in an ungreased 9 X 13 baking dish. Spread the apple mixture evenly over the bottom crisp layer. Then spread the remainder of the crisp mixture over the apple layer; this will create three layers in the dish: crisp/apple/crisp. If desired, dress the top of the crisp with a few apple slices for decoration.
- Place into an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 45-50 minutes, until the top of the apple crisp is toasty.
- Serve with ice cream or creamy whipped topping.
And that’s it! Give this Apple Crisp Recipe a try and let us know what you think. And for another simple dessert recipe idea, check out this easy Fruit Cobbler Recipe.
Thanks for checking our recipe videos out. If you like what you see, click a button or two below and share the apple crisp recipe with your friends and family. I appreciate it!